To promote student engagement with learning through effective differentiation, rigorous historical thinking, extra curricular activities and a relevant curriculum.
Key Stage 3
- The history of Ealing
- William the Conqueror 1066
- Castle project
- Life during the Middle Ages
- The Crusades
- The Age of Discovery
- Britain: Change in power over time
- Tudor Portraits
- The English Civil War
- The British Empire
- The Industrial Revolution
- Gandhi and Indian Independence
- The First World War
- The Second World War
- The Holocaust
- Civil Rights in the USA
Key Stage 4
Year 10 and Year 11
- Medicine in Britain, c1250-present and The British sector of the Western Front, 1914-18: injuries, treatment and the trenches
- Henry VIII and his ministers, 1509-40
- Conflict in the Middle East, 1945-95
- Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918-39
Assessment and Examinations (Edexcel)
Students take three written examinations at the end of Year 11.
Key Stage 5
AS and A levels:
• The Making of Modern Britain, 1951-2007: The course provides opportunity for students to study in depth the key political, economic, social and international changes which helped to shape Britain during this period.
• The making of a Superpower: USA, 1965-1975: This course gives students the opportunity to study issues of change, continuity, cause and consequence during this period.
• The Tudors: England, 1485-1603: This course gives students the opportunity to study issues of change, continuity, cause and consequence during this period.
Assessment and Examinations (AQA)
At A level, students are assessed through two written examination and one Historical investigation presented in a 3500 word essay.
Extra Curricular Opportunities
Examples of extra curricular opportunities include:
- Year 7 visit to the Tower of London and Windsor Castle
- Black history month performance for Key Stage 3
- A level trip to Poland
- Year 9 Gifted and Talented project with PhD students from the University of East London
- Year 9 Art/History project at the Soane Museum
- Year 10 French and History trip to Normandy, France