Key Stage 4 Options
On this page you will find a link to the Key Stage 4 Options booklets for Year 8 and Year 9. Within the booklet you will find:
- An explanation of the curriculum for all students
- Guidance on which parts of the curriculum are core and studied by everyone and which parts have an element of personalisation
- Information about all of the subjects within the curriculum (core and those from which students select)
- Key dates in the options process
- Examples of options forms which help to make clear where an element of choice is offered to students
Each student has his/her own hard copy of the booklet which is used in tutor times initially to support students in discussing, navigating and using the booklet. They will then bring the booklet home for further reading and reflection. The content of the booklet on the website is exactly the same as the hard copy students are using at school.
Options assemblies began in January and work supporting students’ understanding of the Key Stage 4 curriculum continues in assemblies, tutor time and subject lessons up until March 23 when the options forms must be submitted. The Key Dates section in the booklet gives more information about the process, including the support available.
Students always enjoy the options process and it is a really good time for all to reflect on their transition to Key Stage 4 and the opportunities that offers.